Chidinma Okeke’s father has denied declaring his daughter missing.The former Miss Anambra whose lewd videos recently went viral on the internet, had been allegedly declared missing by her family.
Jerry Okeke, who spoke to Premium Times by phone Saturday evening, said his daughter was fine.
“My daughter is not missing and at no time did I declare her missing,”
Mr. Okeke said after the scandal sent shockwaves across the country, the family immediately moved to save Miss Okeke, 20, from committing suicide.
Mr. Okeke said he handed over his “little girl” to another family member because he had to travel to the family’s ancestral home for another engagement.
He denied news report quoting him as declaring his daughter missing in the aftermath of the racy video.
“I have been trying to make contact with one of The Sun newspapers that published the story because they want to sell (market) and I will give them a seven-day notice to correct it,”I did not tell press man that called me from The Sun that my daughter is missing or that I couldn’t find her,” Mr. Okeke said.
The Sun says it stands by its story.Bruce Malogo, the editor of Saturday Sun which published the story, told PREMIUM TIMES the headline was appropriate for the direct quotes from Mr. Okeke, which he said were on the record.
“As it stands now, my daughter is still a small girl. I don’t know whether she is still alive or dead. But all I know is that God will prove Himself worthy to fight His children’s battle. I don’t have much to say for now,” the paper quoted Mr. Okeke as saying.