Boko Haram Engages Soldiers In A Fierce Gun Battle, 60 Killed

Boko Haram 1 (1)

So the Boko Haram sect is still all out perpetrating its nefarious activities, in spite of global condemnation? From what multiple sources have confirmed, no fewer than 60 suspected members of the deadly Boko Haram sect have been confirmed dead, during a fierce gun battle between them and members of the Joint Military Task Force, JTF, on Wednesday night in Jigawa State.

 

The incident reportedly took place at the Lamba Forest in Gwaram Local Government Area of the state.

A resident of the village, Mallam Bukar Mustapha who spoke on the attack said that the gunmen numbering 12 and using four motorcycles, with each carrying three persons, invaded the area at about 9pm on Wednesday and opened fire on residents.

 

“As I am talking to you today some of our people are still missing. Some of us ran into the bush for our safety but unfortunately, the security agencies are yet to be deployed to the scene, not to talk of making any arrest.”

Said another source, who added that the heavily armed gunmen had a field day as they wrecked serious havoc on the village while chanting Allahu Akbar (God is Great) in Arabic language.

This was confirmed by the Director of Press to Governor Sule Lamido of the state, Malam Umar Kyari in Dutse the state capital.

Malam Kyari said that the insurgents had earlier planted a bomb on the road leading to the forest, Monday night which exploded, killing three members of the JTF, inside a Toyota Hilux vehicle with many others sustaining serious injuries.

But in a reprisal attack on Wednesday night, soldiers attached to the JTF in the zone were said to have invaded and bombarded the forest which consequently led to the mass killing of the insurgents.

 

Boko Haram, why can’t you guys just give peace a chance in this country?

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loading...

Leave a Reply