Boko Haram Storms Army Base In Full Force, Kills 40 Soldiers

Boko Haram 3

Things are getting out of hand as Boko Haram insurgents continued their rampage on Monday night, killing 49 security operatives and civilians in two communities in Yobe and Borno states. They overpowered the security operatives on duty and also burnt the military base and police station in the towns.

A resident, Mallam Modibbo Kawu, said the terrorists told them not to be scared as they were out to attack only military and other security operatives.

“They told us not to be afraid because they were in Buni Yadi on a reprisal against the military for attacking them in Alagarno last week. I can confirm to you that several police, soldiers and mobile policemen were killed. Their corpses were taken to the Damaturu Specialist Hospital.”


In the attack on Buni Yadi, Gujba LGA of Yobe State, they left 20 soldiers and 20 policemen dead while in the Chinene attack in Gwoza LGA of Borno State, they cut the lives of nine civilians short.

The DPO and the DCO of the Police Station in Bunu Yadi were believed to be among the victims of the attack by the insurgents who stormed the town with an Armoured Personnel Carrier and Toyota Hilux vans.

Residents said the attackers dressed in camouflage and hoisted Boko Haram’s flag.

They said the gunmen, on arrival moved straight to the military formation in the town from where they launched the attack which lasted over two hours.

READ  'Everyone Was Traumatized And Victimized' Man Recollects Boko Haram Brutal Attacks In Borno State In 2011

The attackers were said to have set the military formation, LG secretariat, the divisional police station, the area court, the district head’s residence and office as well as some residential quarters ablaze.

The palace of the Emir, Alhaji Muktar Gangaran, was also vandalised by the insurgents during the attack. The sad part is that this is the third attack on Buni Yadi this year.

An LG official, Nglamuda Ibrahim, who spoke to journalists in Maiduguri, said many of his family members and friends displaced in the attack had been calling for assistance since Monday night.

Ibrahim said, “As we speak now, I am still receiving distress calls from them; they are all calling for help. No soldier and no policeman had gone there yet. The Boko Haram gunmen mounted their flags in Ashigashiya ward showing that it was now under their control.

“Last night, six churches were burnt, eight persons were killed and several others seriously injured. We cannot count the number of houses that were burnt in Chinene village of Chikide-Joghode-Kaghum ward.

“The insurgents also attacked Amuda village in Chikide-Joghode-Kaghum ward where one person was killed and several others injured. All we are doing now is calling on the military authorities in the state to quickly go up there and help us rescue those poor villagers, their wives and children.”

 

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Loading...

Leave a Reply